Sharky.com BBQ & Grilling  Forums  

Go Back   Sharky.com BBQ & Grilling Forums > The Fire Pit - Non-BBQ Discussion

Old 09-19-2006, 06:01 PM
MikeSullivan

I personally think that there is nothing better than a good Carona with a twist of lime. I got turned onto this while in college and still enjoy it to this day.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:32 AM
Dave C.

Question

Guess that I'm justa old-fashoned redneck at heart. Used to drink full octane Bud by the case, then switched to Busch Light 'cause of the calories ( I need to lose about 40 or 50 lbs.). I ain't about to quit drinkin' & Busch Light tastes more like Bud than Bud Light does, at least to me. Besides, after the second twelve-pack, who amongst us can really tell the dif?
Old 10-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Administrator

sharky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSullivan
I personally think that there is nothing better than a good Carona with a twist of lime. I got turned onto this while in college and still enjoy it to this day.
There is no Corona like a TRUE Carona in Mexico! I don't know what it is, but it just tastes better when purchased in Mexico!

Weber Spirit 310 Gasser
WSM 18"
Old 10-11-2006, 11:49 PM
StarsfaninCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky
There is no Corona like a TRUE Carona in Mexico! I don't know what it is, but it just tastes better when purchased in Mexico!
I have to agree. We used to go to Cancun every year and for some reason they do just taste better there.

KE
Old 11-14-2006, 10:05 PM
MikeSullivan

I've heard that Carona tastes better in Mexico too. Unfortunately I've never been there to find out. The only reason I can think of for this is because Carona was made there, I think, so it's fresher.
Old 12-02-2006, 04:46 AM
Dave C.

Naw,Mike, I don't think its just the fresher part. About 35 years ago, I stayed in Quebec 3 or 4 months, drinking my fill of Molson 50 & Labat Blue. When I came back to the States I could really tell the difference in taste from the Canuck beer. I think that maybe they all (the breweries) have a separate blend for export.
Old 06-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Don_in_VA

Default Sam Adams

I love beer and am a regular at the Capitol Ale House in downtown Richmond, VA. Their beer menu is over 30 pages and they generally run around a hundred taps and keep 2 cask beers on draught for hard core beer enthusiasts (a stage I passed about 10 years ago). When it comes to stocking beer at home, Sam Adams is the only one you'll always find here. If I can find Dominion Brewery's (Ashland, VA) porter or stout I'll buy a case but it won't last long.

Debating whether Dos XX or Tecate is a better Mexican beer is about like debating the use of liquid smoke in bbq. They're both mediocre examples of a pilsner but if you like them, by all means enjoy them. I drink them both on occasion and an MGD in a pinch. But a good American beer to me means avoiding Miller, Bud, and all the major brands and sticking to the microbreweries to find the ones that are not afraid of using enough malt to create a full bodied beer and can add hops to make the flavor interesting, not just bitter. Exploring beers is akin to tasting bbq - you can argue North Carolina style vs Texas vs Kansas City all you want. In my opinion, done right, they're all great eating and done poorly, they're all to be avoided.

Don in VA

ps A few former friends have accused me of being a beer snob. Can you imagine that?
Old 06-18-2007, 06:53 PM
spoiledmickey

Cool Beer...Ahhh...glug..glug..glug

As an everyday, what's in my fridge, hey come over for a beer, it's Miller Light Long Necks. No dought. However, when it's hey honey lets go out in the back yard sit and chill while the grill warmin' up and talk there's a few. I'll totally agree to the Sam Adams winter! yeah my #1 but its seasonal. I like a lot of the hefeweizens, NOT white ales though. For a let's get out the frozen mug and drink slow and enjoy it's the Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I could keep going, I like beer!
Old 09-23-2007, 06:29 PM
dbubs

I agree with the Sam Adams... Got it on tap right now. Just purchased my new kegerator. Should start saving me money buying kegs of imports and sams rather then bottles - Also really into belgiums Favorite belgium now is Saint Barnardus Apt 12 (10% abv). But ofcourse I'll drink Miller lite when its offered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k2.jpg
Views:	1165
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	407   Click image for larger version

Name:	k3.jpg
Views:	1162
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	408  
Old 10-26-2007, 01:21 AM
snapshotmd

Dbubs - The Kegerator is a great idea!!! Let us know if it really does save money.

My favorite right now is Bass, however, Miller High Life is my everyday.

snaps
Old 10-26-2007, 05:42 AM
Dave C.

If you've got the keg in the box, you still need to keep an extra case on ice for when the keg runs dry. Don't ask how I know this .
Old 10-31-2007, 04:04 PM
snapshotmd

I guess one can't tell when the keg will run out. Kinda like keeping a spare propane bottle around, only kegs are harder to get/refill.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:22 AM
dbubs

Well, So far I'm into keg number 2.... First was a 1/6 keg (imagine one of those canisters of soda kegs you see at a restaurant - about same size) of sam adams.... that lasted just over a month- broke about even on that one.. I currently have Sam Adams Octoberfest on draft now- Full size that you remember from parties or bars- currently 1.5 months in and going strong (just me drinking and the occasional wife drink) Still pretty heavy... They say domestics will only stay fresh for 2-3 months depending on born on date, and imports indefinately because they are pasturised (sp- im a quick typer)..... Anyway, long story short, even if you break even it is still pretty neat having a great beer on tap at ones beckon..

Last edited by dbubs; 11-10-2007 at 04:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:45 PM
1queman

Oh how I love a good draught beer. I'll agree with the Shiner Bock it's a great beer. For just hangin out it's Busch light. I kinda got a kick as of late for ST. Pauli Girl, and if I could find it I would be drinking Carlsbad, mmmmm love it
Queman
Old 06-25-2008, 08:11 PM
Administrator

sharky is on a distinguished road

Latley I have been drinking miller lite out of cheapness.. but I still love my Heinekin light!

Weber Spirit 310 Gasser
WSM 18"
Old 08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
fleederman

Default I'm A Sam Light Guy

I've tried a lot of light beers, but the best for my $ is Sam Adams Light... it's the only one that to me tastes as good as, or even better than, regular beer.

I even like it's dark, rich color. So many light beers look like they've been watered down, or worse.

Just my 2 cents!